Search for information stored in the Trinity River Restoration Program Online Data Portal repository from the Data & Documents page.
Information about the Trinity River Restoration Program has been organized into three broad categories: documents, meeting materials, and data.
|Documents||Reports, letters, position papers, presentations, theses, audio files, etc. Formats include Word and Excel files, PDF files, MP3 files, and links to other web pages.|
|Meeting Materials||Meeting notifications and associated information.|
|Data||Includes tabular data for specific locations, and data packages; data packages consist of one or multiple data files bundled into one compressed file (e.g., ZIP).|
|Online Maps||Not yet available.|
These three types of information are listed below the Search text box, each with an associated checkbox. You can control the scope of your search by checking one or more of these checkboxes. Checked categories are included in the search scope.
Click on the question mark icon beside the Search button for tips about searching the repository (or go to the Searching for Information page of this help file), and to see a list of the fields included in searches for each information category.
For example, to search only for Documents relating to water temperature:
- Uncheck the boxes for Meeting Materials and Data. Leave Documents checked.
- Type water temperature or “water temperature” (including the quotes) into the search text box. The first search string will return items that contain both of the words “water” and “temperature” anywhere (not necessarily adjacent to each other). The second option will return items that contain the two words adjacent to one another and in the specified order.
- Click on the Search button or press Enter on your keyboard.
The results of your search will be displayed on the page, and the number of items matching your search terms will be shown. By default, results are displayed by Date Modified (i.e., added to or modified in the ODP) in Descending order. You can change the way in which results are displayed on the page by selecting other options from the Sort by and Order dropdown lists. The options on these lists change depending on which information categories you have selected:
- Documents can be sorted alphabetically by Title or Author, or chronologically by Publication Date.
- Meeting Materials can be sorted by Title, Meeting Date or Meeting Type (e.g., group or committee).
- Data can be sorted by Content Type and Title.
- For each type of sort, you can choose either Ascending or Descending order.
To view the details of an item, click on the hyperlinked text to open a Details page with fields specific to the category of information you have selected:
|Document Details||Contains detailed information about the selected document, including the date it was added to the ODP and the last date updated. Also provides an option to add tags to categorize the holding to a finer degree.|
|Meeting Details||Contains detailed information about selected meeting material, including associated documentation if available. Provides the date the item was added to the ODP and the last date updated. Also includes a point of contact for the item, and an option to add tags to categorize the holding to a finer degree.|
|Data Package Details||Contains detailed information about the selected data package, including associated documentation where available. Also includes a point of contact for the item, and an option to add tags to categorize the holding to a finer degree.|
|Location Details||For tabular data associated with a specific location, e.g., temperature data. Contains detailed information about the geographic location of the selected tabular data, including a map. Also shows the date the item was added to the ODP and the last date updated. The tabular data available for the specified location are listed in a table at the bottom of the page.|